We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Data Governance Manager to join our team as a member of the Chief Data Officer (CDO) office. In this role, you will play a key role in establishing and maintaining effective data governance across Accelerant, ensuring data quality, integrity, and compliance. As a passionate advocate for data governance, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement data governance strategies, policies, and procedures that align with our organization's overall Data & Data Governance strategy.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data governance strategy, framework, and roadmap that aligns with the organization's overall Data & Data Governance strategy.
- Define and enforce data standards, data classification, and data protection guidelines to ensure consistent and reliable data across systems, processes, and business units.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, data owners, and data stewards to establish data governance roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities within the organization.
- Conduct data quality assessments, data profiling, and data lineage analyses to identify data issues, gaps, and opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with the Product & Technology group to design and implement data governance tools, technologies, and platforms to automate data quality checks, data cataloging, and data lineage tracking.
- Provide guidance and training to business users and data stewards on data governance policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Collaborate with the CDO and other key stakeholders to develop and maintain a data governance steering committee, overseeing data governance initiatives, monitoring progress, and resolving data-related issues.
- Monitor data governance metrics, establish data quality and compliance dashboards, and regularly report to senior management on the effectiveness of data governance efforts.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to data governance and proactively recommend improvements and enhancements to data management practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in data governance, data management, or a related role within the insurance or financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of data governance frameworks, principles, and best practices, such as DAMA-DMBOK.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory requirements impacting data governance, including data privacy, data protection, and data security regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA).
- Experience in implementing data governance tools, technologies, and metadata management solutions.
- Familiarity with data quality assessment techniques, data profiling, and data lineage analysis.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills, with the ability to influence and drive change in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Professional certifications in data management and governance (e.g., CDMP, DGSP) are highly desirable.
About Our Company
Accelerant is a data-driven, technology-fuelled insurance platform that empowers underwriters to serve their insureds more effectively. We are using advanced data intelligence tools to rebuild the way that underwriters share and exchange risk. With a current focus on the small and medium-sized businesses that power our global economy and their niche insurance needs, we align incentives to improve outcomes for everyone. Our full-service risk exchange supports our carefully selected, best-in-class network of underwriting teams. We leverage granular information on each policy to deliver unprecedented insight into insurance pools, and our specialty portfolio is fully diversified with very low catastrophe, aggregation or systemic risk. We are proud to have been awarded an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating. For more information, please visit www.accelins.com.
Enjoy our comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your diverse needs and support your well-being:
- Work-life balance: We believe that taking time to rest and recharge makes us all better. That’s why we offer flexible time off and encourage our team to take the time they need to prioritize their health and well-being.
- Health and wellness: We offer high-quality health, dental, and other benefits to ensure our team members have access to the care they need.
- Remote work: Work where you’re most productive and fulfilled. This position is open to remote candidates across the U.S. Canada, UK, and Europe, who have the flexibility to work with our teams distributed across Europe and North America. Most cross-team collaboration happens in the mornings of the Eastern Time Zone.
- Travel: We value face-to-face connections and believe that in-person interactions can enhance collaboration and build stronger relationships. Travel could be a small part of your role, with opportunities to connect with your team and our members in-person.
How to Apply
If you are ready to take on this exciting opportunity and contribute to our data governance efforts, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in the position. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: [email protected]