Are you an expert in shaping enterprise architectures and transforming data ecosystems? Do you excel in environments that challenge you to bridge technology and business? We are on the lookout for a visionary Enterprise Architect to become a part of our Chief Data Officer (CDO) team. In this pivotal role, you will guide the strategic direction of our data architecture within the Insurer Data domain, aligning it with our overarching Data & Data Governance strategies. Your expertise will be fundamental in driving innovation, ensuring that our data practices not only meet current industry standards but also set new benchmarks for excellence and efficiency. Join us to steer our Product and Technology group towards a future where data enables smarter decisions and creates unparalleled value for our customers.
The Enterprise Architect - Insurer Data will primarily be responsible for orchestrating the provision of high-quality data from Accelerant to Insurers in a way that is repeatable, scalable, governed, auditable, and secure.
1. Collaborate with Insurers to capture precise requirements for Insurer reporting needs, working diligently to ensure these requirements are well-understood and met.
2. Collaborate with Business Solutions/Group IT to define forthcoming Architectural Design Principles and ensure an enterprise-wide perspective on our next-generation architecture and platform.
3. Foster a tight collaboration with the Product & Technology group which includes Product Management, Engineering, and Product Design teams. The aim is to influence and shape the roadmap and execution plans based on the requirements gathered and to ensure alignment with overall strategic goals.
4. Lead the development of technical designs that are aligned with the required delivery formats and mechanisms, ensuring seamless delivery of data to Insurers.
5. Craft comprehensive solutions that meet the stated requirements, with particular focus on:
- Creating robust transport mechanisms for data delivery.
- Establishing a powerful feedback loop for addressing and managing data-related issues.
- Ascertaining and identifying the formats of any downstream dependencies.
- Formulating and implementing conflict management strategies.
6. Act as a key stakeholder and representative for the Product & Technology group during strategic discussions related to the broad technology strategy. This will involve cultivating and maintaining a strong relationship between Accelerant and its Insurers, ensuring synergistic work relations that propel the organization towards achieving its strategic goals.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or a related field. Advanced degree (e.g., Master’s, MBA) preferred.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) working as an Enterprise Architect, with a focus on Insurer Data and associated systems.
- Expert knowledge of industry-specific data models (e.g., ACORD), insurance data standards, and common data exchange protocols within the insurance sector.
- Proficiency in understanding and architecting solutions using Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, or FEAF.
- Familiarity with insurance industry regulations and ensuring that data strategies comply with regulations such as NAIC standards, Solvency II, and others relevant to insurance data.
- Experience with big data architecture and technologies, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools tailored for insurance analytics.
- Strong understanding of data governance principles, data quality management, and data lifecycle management within the context of the insurance industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the definition and evolution of enterprise data strategy, architecture development, and data modeling efforts.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to guide cross-functional teams and collaborate with stakeholders, including data scientists, IT professionals, actuaries, and business leaders.
- Proven track record in managing complex projects and initiatives, delivering transformational change, and driving enterprise-wide innovation.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or similar are highly regarded.
- Technical proficiency with modern data platforms, cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Snowflake), and insurance software products.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
About Our Company
Accelerant is a data-driven, technology-fuelled insurance platform that empowers underwriters to serve their insureds more effectively. We are using advanced data intelligence tools to rebuild the way that underwriters share and exchange risk. With a current focus on the small and medium-sized businesses that power our global economy and their niche insurance needs, we align incentives to improve outcomes for everyone. Our full-service risk exchange supports our carefully selected, best-in-class network of underwriting teams. We leverage granular information on each policy to deliver unprecedented insight into insurance pools, and our specialty portfolio is fully diversified with very low catastrophe, aggregation or systemic risk. We are proud to have been awarded an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating. For more information, please visit www.accelerant.ai.
Enjoy our comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your diverse needs and support your well-being:
- Work-life balance: We believe that taking time to rest and recharge makes us all better. That’s why we offer flexible time off and encourage our team to take the time they need to prioritize their health and well-being.
- Health and wellness: We offer high-quality health, dental, and other benefits to ensure our team members have access to the care they need.
- Remote work: Work where you’re most productive and fulfilled. This position is open to remote candidates across the U.S. Canada, UK, and Europe, who have the flexibility to work with our teams distributed across Europe and North America. Most cross-team collaboration happens in the mornings of the Eastern Time Zone.
- Travel: We value face-to-face connections and believe that in-person interactions can enhance collaboration and build stronger relationships. Travel could be a small part of your role, with opportunities to connect with your team and our members in-person.
How to Apply
If you are ready to take on this exciting opportunity and contribute to our compliance and data governance efforts, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in the position. We look forward to reviewing your application.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: [email protected]