At the heart of our product design team at Accelerant, is a relentless pursuit to create meaningful and transformative experiences that resonate with our Members, Carriers and Reinsurers in the specialty insurance industry.
Our mission is to empower innovation through human-centric design, fostering a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and empathy. Together, we aim to shape the future by creating products that inspire, empower, and connect people, ultimately making the world a better place through thoughtful and purposeful design.
About the job:
As a Product Designer at Accelerant, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape the future of our new product and help define the design practice at our company. You will work in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with a team of experts, and contribute to creating intuitive and engaging user experiences that meet the needs of our customers. This role offers the chance to have a substantial impact on the success of our product and organization as we continue to disrupt and better serve the insurance industry with a state-of-the-art SaaS product experience and platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Contribute to design projects from concept to launch.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (product managers, fellow designers, engineers, industry experts) to support the design vision and strategy that aligns with user needs.
- Apply design thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively for internal stakeholders.
- Build positive relationships with the product management, development, marketing, and the broader Accelerant team.
- Assist in developing visual and interaction designs, including wireframes, prototypes, and design specifications under guidance.
- Participate in design thinking workshops and contribute to the refinement and implementation of design and feedback processes.
- Support the development of the design team's processes, culture, design system, and standards.
- Maintain and evolve the design system by cataloging components, patterns, and design standards; ensure its accessibility and utility for the design and development teams.
- Collaborate with senior designers to incorporate new design innovations and maintain consistency across our platform.
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Solid knowledge of the end-to-end product design process, including understanding of product strategy, research, user journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, and user testing.
- The ability to start with low-fidelity wireframes and iterate on them to produce visually appealing designs for practical, information-rich experiences.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research.
- Good communication skills with an ability to present design ideas and rationales.
- Initiative to be proactive and the ability to drive results within a supportive environment.
- Experience contributing to and maintaining a design system.
- Experience in designing interactive data visualizations.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe CC, and Miro, and openness to learn new tools and technologies.
- Be resourceful and take initiative, with a desire to learn and continue to evolve your skills.
It's preferred if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience conducting or assisting with discovery research and participating in workshops.
- Familiarity with designing process-driven and task-oriented applications.
- Comfort in designing for AI and machine learning-driven products, or willingness to learn.
- Experience using data to drive your design decisions and sharing how your design decisions impacted business outcomes.
- Some knowledge of the insurance industry is a plus.
Enjoy our comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your diverse needs and support your well-being:
- Work-life balance: We believe that taking time to rest and recharge makes us all better. That’s why we offer flexible time off and encourage our team to take the time they need to prioritize their health and well-being.
- Health and wellness: We offer high-quality health, dental, and other benefits to ensure our team members have access to the care they need.
- Remote work: Work where you’re most productive and fulfilled. This position is open to remote candidates across Canada and the U.S., who have the flexibility to work with our teams distributed across Europe and North America. Most cross-team collaboration happens in the mornings of the Eastern Time Zone.
- Travel: We value face-to-face connections and believe that in-person interactions can enhance collaboration and build stronger relationships. Travel could be a small part of your role, with opportunities to connect with your team and our Members in-person.
At Accelerant, we recognize that a diverse and inclusive workplace is critical to our success. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: [email protected].