Accelerant is building a new platform that will serve as the backbone of how risk is exchanged in the future. As a Software Production Engineer at Accelerant, you will be instrumental in helping us design, build, and run a highly reliable and scalable platform.
If you join our team, these are some of thing you’ll be doing:
- Implement and drive adoption of site reliability engineering best practices for observability, scalability, availability, reliability, and resilience.
- Focus on continuous improvement and technical standards – drive improvements in productivity, monitoring, tooling and set industry best practices.
- Act as the go to person for any production issue. Troubleshoot and monitor until successful mitigation, communicate effectively, postmortem and implementation of the learnings.
- Build deploy and manage CI/CD workflows which leverage GitOps practices.
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software.
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil.
- Participate in on-call rotations. When on-call, you are expected to drive the troubleshooting and mitigation activities.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience building and scaling web applications.
- Experience with running a production environment in one or more Infrastructure as a Service cloud providers (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
- Strong coding ability.
- Passionate problem-solving mindset.
- An ability and desire to mentor and coach engineers.
- Reputation for getting things done.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with orchestration and serverless technologies like Kubernetes and Lambda.
- Experience with IaC tools like Terraform, Pulumi
- Experience building microservice CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with deployment tools such as Helm, CI/CD and ArgoCD.
- Experience with observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Splunk.
- Experience with SQL-Like databases and data caching strategies such as Postgres, Snowflake, and Redis and data transformation technologies such as DBT.
Accelerant is a data-driven, technology-fueled insurance platform that empowers underwriters to more effectively serve their insureds. We’re using advanced data intelligence tools to rebuild the way that underwriters share and exchange risk. With a current focus on the small and medium-sized businesses that power our global economy and their niche insurance needs, we align incentives to improve outcomes for everyone. Our full-service risk exchange supports our carefully selected, best-in-class network of underwriting teams. We leverage granular information on each policy to deliver unprecedented insight into insurance pools, and our specialty portfolio is fully diversified with very low catastrophe, aggregation or systemic risk. We’re proud to have been awarded an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating. For more information, please visit www.accelins.com.
Accelerant is a fully remote company. Work where you’re most productive and fulfilled. This position is open to remote candidates across the U.S. Canada, UK, and Europe, who have the flexibility to work with our teams distributed across Europe and North America. Most cross-team collaboration happens in the mornings of the Eastern Time Zone.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: [email protected]