The role of QA Automation Engineer
As a QA Automation Engineer at Accelerant, you will work alongside other engineers as part of a close-knit product engineering team to ensure quality delivery of our data products on our data platform. The primary focus of this role is to work on building and maintaining several test suites like unit, integration, data validation tests, amongst others. The ideal candidate is a skilled professional who is passionate about automation, working with data, a good communicator, detail-oriented, with extensive experience in test automation.
How will you spend your time
- Collaborating with your Product Engineering team members to clarify requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Planning, coordinating and executing test-related activities.
- Creating automated tests that are robust, easy to understand and maintain.
- Working within the team to ensure that test coverage is sufficient on the data platform.
- Contributing to shape the requirements and to push test as much to the left as possible.
- Producing and maintaining standards & guidelines for the activities related to data automation testing.
You will be successful if you have
- A passion for technology, products, data, and Accelerant’s mission.
- Good experience in data testing.
- Good experience in data automation testing, creating automated tests.
- Experience in automating tests using Python.
- Experience in building tests in dbt (Data Build Tool).
- ISTQB certified (or equivalent) is desirable
- Experience in the Insurance industry is advantageous
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A can-do attitude.
- An eagerness to learn and collaborate with others, quick learner and able to work with little supervision.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and sense of urgency in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
You will thrive if you are
- A self-motivated, results-driven individual with a passion for test automation.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- A problem solver with the skills to gain commitment and collaboration from individuals throughout the organization that do not directly report to you.
- Willing and eager to work hard, and able to balance conflicting schedule demands.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: [email protected]