Job Title: Data Engineer
Reports to: Development Team Leader
At Accelerant, we're not just keeping pace with technological advancements, we're leading the charge. As we refine and expand our operations, we're looking for a forward-thinking Data Engineer to join our dynamic team.
As a Data Engineer, you will take on a central role in constructing and optimizing our robust data platform. This platform is at the heart of our operations—it drives our SaaS platform, underpins our internal analytics, and fuels our operational systems.
In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to design and build solutions that don't just deliver insights but lay the foundation for Accelerant's success in the digital landscape. Whether it's shaping unique selling propositions or pushing the boundaries of what our technology can do, your work will influence every corner of our organization.
Accelerant is a fully remote company. Work where you’re most productive and fulfilled. This position is open to remote candidates across the U.S. Canada, UK, and Europe, who have the flexibility to work with our teams distributed across Europe and North America. Most cross-team collaboration happens in the mornings of the Eastern Time Zone.
- Analyse and ingest new datasets from varied sources
- Design, build, and support cloud infrastructure
- Design, build, and support AI and ML processes and infrastructure
- Design and build modern, metadata driven data pipelines and data streams
- Design and build data service APIs
- Transform and cleanse complex datasets
- Analyse current business practices, processes and procedures
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- A commitment to learning and sharing knowledge
Required Skills/ Experience:
- 2 or more years’ experience working as a Data Engineer
- Experience of developing in AWS
- Experience with DataOps methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience handling structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience in AI and Machine Learning
- Experienced in real-time and batch mode data ingestion
- Experience in Data Warehouse development
- General P&C Insurance business knowledge
Accelerant is a data-driven, technology-fueled insurance platform that empowers underwriters to more effectively serve their insureds. We’re using advanced data intelligence tools to rebuild the way that underwriters share and exchange risk. With a current focus on the small and medium-sized businesses that power our global economy and their niche insurance needs, we align incentives to improve outcomes for everyone. Our full-service risk exchange supports our carefully selected, best-in-class network of underwriting teams. We leverage granular information on each policy to deliver unprecedented insight into insurance pools, and our specialty portfolio is fully diversified with very low catastrophe, aggregation or systemic risk. We’re proud to have been awarded an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating. For more information, please visit www.accelins.com.
To apply, please send your resume/ email to: [email protected]